- Recycled toilet paper rolls or paper towel rolls
- Colorful patterned paper (old gift wrap paper, craft paper, scrapbooking paper etc)
- Colorful permanent markers (optional)
- Toilet paper owl template (optional)
Do It Yourself Steps
1. Draw Rectangle onto Colored Paper
On a piece of colorful paper, use your pencil and ruler to draw out a rectangular strip that will be big enough to cover your toilet paper roll.
4. Fold Top of Cardboard Roll
Fold down about 1 inch of the top of your toilet paper roll, on opposite sides, to form your owl ears.
5. Draw Owl Features on Separate Paper
On different pieces of colorful patterned paper, use your pencil to draw out wings, a beak and some funky eyes. You can use the toilet paper owl template provided here or you can invent your own designs. Have fun experimenting with different shapes, styles, sizes and expressions.
8. Add Finishing Details with Marker
Finally, use your colorful permanent markers to draw on any finishing details.